New Year, New Smile
It’s still early enough in the year that we all have our New Year’s resolutions present in our minds.
Based on data collected by Statistic Brain, those resolutions mostly consist of some sort of self improvement. This probably comes as no surprise, seeing as most of us strive to take better care of our bodies and health.
This is why we should also make sure to take care of our smiles. Tooth decay is a serious oral health issue that can lead to even more health threatening diseases. It’s also something that can be easily prevented.
You can help prevent tooth decay by following these tips by Dr. Gallo-Urrego:
1) Brush at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
2) Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaner.
3) Eat nutritious, balanced meals and limit snacking.
4) Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth.
5) Visit your dentist regularly for professional dental cleanings and oral examinations.
New Year’s resolutions can be tough to keep up with. But you’re not alone on this one. Your dentist is here to help!
Until next time,
-Your Gallo Dental Care team