NIGHT GUARDS IN GAINESVILLE, GA
- A night guard, also known as an occlusal (biting surface) guard, is a removable acrylic (plastic) appliance that fits over the upper and lower teeth used to minimize the effects of grinding or clenching the teeth or joint problems (TMD) during sleep.
- Bruxism is a habit of clenching and grinding the teeth. Clenching means you tightly hold your top and bottom teeth together. Grinding occurs when you slide your teeth back and forth over each other.
- People who suffer from bruxism may experience the following:
- Sore jaw
- Wear and breaking of teeth
- Frequent toothaches
- Facial pain
- Worn or fractured tooth enamel
- Earache and vertigo
CONTACT GDC SMILES IN GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
Please call GDC Smiles, your Gainesville, Georgia, dentist at (770) 534-6933 to schedule your night guard visit.