DENTAL CROWNS (CAPS)
DENTAL CROWNS IN GAINESVILLE, GA
- A crown is a restoration that covers or “caps” an entire tooth. Crowns are made of a variety of materials; the type of crown we recommend for you will be determined by your unique clinical situation and your desires for your tooth. Our goal is to restore your tooth to a comfortable feel and lifelike appearance. Options include: full metal crowns, full tooth-colored porcelain fused to a metal core or full porcelain metal-free crowns.
- Crowns usually last many years, and some may last for decades! In some cases, crowns do fall out due to washed out dental cement.
- To restore a tooth which has insufficient structure left to hold a large filling
- To restore a broken or cracked tooth
- To protect a weakened tooth from breaking or hold together a cracked tooth
- To cover a root canal tooth to prevent it from breaking
- To cover a badly stained or unaesthetic tooth to improve a smile
- To attach a bridge
- To cover a dental implant
Two appointments are required to fabricate a crown. During the first appointment, the tooth is prepared for the crown, an impression of the tooth is taken and a temporary crown is made to cover the tooth while the permanent crown is made. At the second appointment, the temporary crown is removed, and the permanent crown is attached with dental adhesive.
CONTACT GDC SMILES IN GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
If you are a patient in Gainesville, Hall County or the North Georgia area who needs a dental crown, contact GDC Smiles, your Gainesville, Georgia, dentist at (770) 534-6933 to schedule your dental implant visit.