Benefits of a Dental BridgeGaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a bad bite.The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.Bridges will:
- Restore your smile
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
What is a Dental Bridge?Bridges span the space created when teeth are missing. A bridge may be recommended if you’re missing one or more teeth..
- A dental bridge consists of two crowns which are attached on either side of the pontic - the replacement tooth.
- These two crowns are cemented to the abutments - the natural teeth or implants on either side of the empty space and act as anchors for the pontic.