Broken tooth? Badly decayed tooth? Don't Panic you probably won't lose the tooth! Dr. Lia Gallo-Urrego can Save your tooth with a Dental Crown.
What are Dental Crowns?A crown is a tooth shaped cover which is positioned over an existing damaged tooth to enhance strength and durability and to create a smoother look.
Reasons for Crown Placement
- Reinforce a tooth which is cracked or broken
- Repair a tooth which has an old large filling
- Cover a tooth which is severely decayed
- Reinforce a tooth that has had a root canal
- Encase a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
Zirconia CrownAt GDC Smiles we use Zirconia Crowns, a popular type of all-ceramic crown which is more durable, easy to wear, long lasting and indestructible. Zirconia crowns have a translucent appearance which means that they are indistinguishable from your own teeth. It is hard to spot a zirconia crown amongst natural teeth.
Advantages of a Zirconia CrownZirconia Crowns will not chip, crack, or stain.
- Strength: Zirconia Crowns last longer than other types of crowns.
- Aesthetics: these crowns have an attractive translucent color which blends in well with the other teeth.
- Retain more of the existing tooth: minimal preparation is required which means more of the original tooth is preserved. This is useful if the crown needs to be removed.
The Dental Crown Procedure
- Before placing the crown on the tooth, the tooth will be shaped to make room for it.
- Then an impression of the tooth and the surrounding teeth is taken.
- A temporary acrylic crown is placed on the tooth.
- When the permanent crown is ready (1-2 weeks normally), the temporary crowns are replaced.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health - we don't charge for giving advice!